After months of intense research and correspondence with other Conservatives and Patriots, this is the culmination of a huge project that I am sharing with the rest of you. I only hope it blesses each of you as much as it has blessed me! May God continue to bless America!
And just so everyone knows, I deliberately kept this project open to the many concerns of our many conservative factions -- I did not tailor it to Neoconservatives, Fiscal Conservatives, or Libertarians alone; In essence did I approach this project from Classical (or Original) Conservatism. I do not expect everyone to agree with each and every point; I merely tried to keep this project true to the original brand of Conservatism as passed down to us by the ones that first created Conservatism in this Republic -- our Founding Fathers and Framers of the Constitution. Having laid out this disclaimer, I hope you enjoy it.
A Patriot's Definition (Jim Robinson - Tampa, Florida):
"The mark of God-honoring, family-centered, freedom-loving, small government traditionalists (and not radical or violent revolutionaries) seeking to preserve the rudiments of their Judeo-Christian values, heritage, culture, life, liberties, freedoms, personal and international sovereignty, and inalienable rights based not on the Rule of Men but on Divine (Natural) Law, Biblical precepts, and People's Law as understood, envisioned, and passed down to us by our Founding Fathers, the Framers of our Constitution, and Western Civilization."
Some basic tenets of Conservatism:
1. Limited government power (nationally and internationally)
2. A balanced budget
3. Personal liberty
4. Strict adherence to the Constitution
5. Sound currency
6. A strong defense while avoiding all undeclared wars
7. A policy of foreign non-interventionism and honest commerce
8. No nation building and no policing the world
9. Private property
10. A Free Market
11. Free trade
12. Traditional borders
28 "Ancient Principles" Rediscovered by our Founders and Passed Down to Us by the Anglo-Saxons and the Israelites
1. The Only Reliable Basis for Sound Government and Just Human Relations is Divine (Natural) Law.
2. A Free People Cannot Survive Under A Republican Constitution Unless They Remain Virtuous and Morally Strong.
3. The Most Promising Method of Securing a Virtuous and Morally Stable People is to Elect Virtuous Leaders.
4. Without Religion the Government of a Free People Cannot Be Maintained.
5. All Things Were Created by God, Therefore Upon Him All Mankind are Equally Dependent, and to Him They are Equally Responsible.
6. All Men are Created Equal (which talks of equal opportunity and equal rights, not equal possessions, talents, or gifts).
7. The Proper Role of Government is to Protect Equal Rights, Not Provide Equal Things.
8. Men are Endowed by Their Creator with Certain Unalienable Rights.
9. To Protect Man's Rights, God has Revealed Certain Principles of Divine Law.
10. The God-given Right to Govern is Vested in the Sovereign Authority of the Whole People.
11. The Majority of the People may Alter or Abolish a Government Which has Become Tyrannical.
12. The United States of America Shall be a Republic (not a democracy).
13. A Constitution Should be Structured to Permanently Protect the People from the Human Frailties of their Rulers.
14. Life and Liberty are Secure Only so Long as the Right to Property is Secure.
15. The Highest Level of Prosperity Occurs when there is a Free-market Economy and a Minimum of Government Regulations.
16. The Government Should be Separated into Three Branches -- Legislative, Executive, and Judicial.
17. A System of Checks and Balances Should be Adopted to Prevent the Abuse of Power.
18. The Unalienable Rights of the People are Most Likely to be Preserved if the Principles of Government are Set Forth in a Written Constitution.
19. Only Limited and Carefully Defined Powers Should be Delegated to Government, All Others Being Retained in the People.
20. Efficiency and Dispatch Require Government to Operate According to the Will of the Majority, but Constitutional Provisions Must be Made to Protect the Rights of the Minority.
21. Strong Local Self-government is the Keystone to Preserving Human Freedom.
22. A Free People Should be Governed by Law and Not by the Whims of Men.
23. A Free Society Cannot Survive as a Republic Without a Broad Program of General Education.
24. A Free People Will Not Survive Unless They Stay Strong.
25. "Peace, Commerce, and Honest Friendship with All Nations -- Entangling Alliances with None." ~ by Thomas Jefferson
26. The Core Unit Which Determines the Strength of Any Society is the Family; Therefore, the Government Should Foster and Protect Its Integrity.
27. The Burden of Debt is as Destructive to Freedom as Subjugation by Conquest.
28. The United States Has a Manifest Destiny to be an Example and a Blessing to the Entire Human Race.
Conservatives cannot continue to pretend to be the party of limited government, distance itself from these views, and expect to maintain credibility. Since many feel that the Republican party has already lost its credibility, how can they regain credibility without embracing these views, or at least showing respect for them?
While the Republican party must reassess its values and institute some much needed conservative reforms, this must be done in a hurry -- but it just ain't happening. And it might take a new crop of leaders to regain the credibility needed to restore the Republican party, but it won't be done overnight. Over the next 4 years we will not likely see our great Republic restored, but the need for it will be greater than ever.
Abusing the Rule of Law and ignoring the Constitution can actually be reversed, but it will take much effort - and it may take much time. To ignore the political struggle and only "hope for the best" is pure folly because the march toward a dictatorial and socialist regime is now in double time and full swing.
All those who care -- and especially those who understand the stakes involved -- have an ominous responsibility to energetically get involved in the battle of survival for a truly free and prosperous America.