BUREAU OF JUSTICE CRIME STATS (http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/crimoff.htm
Characteristics of State Prison inmates
* Women were 6.6% of the State prison inmates in 2001, up from 6% in 1995.
* Sixty-four percent of prison inmates belonged to racial or ethnic minorities in 2001.
* An estimated 57% of inmates were under age 35 in 2001.
Characteristics of jail inmates in 2000
* Jail inmates were older on average in 2002 than 1996: 38% were age 35 or older, up from 32% in 1996.
* More than 6 in 10 persons in local jails in 2002 were racial or ethnic minorities, unchanged from 1996.
* An estimated 40% were black; 19%, Hispanic, 1% American Indian; 1% Asian; and 3% of more than one race/ethnicity.
CRAWFISH NOTE:The factual data above from the BOJ Statistics website is about as accurate as one can quickly get.
What stats jump out at you? What facts above would make any law enforcement agency or person show more scrutiny or suspicion of wrongdoing?
Why can’t we ALL realize the real truth of criminal activity tendencies or profiles or percentages?
Why is there still the political game and name-calling abuse ploy?
Until these crime stats change significantly the justifiable suspicious caution will exist. Denial is not the answer.