Items 1-4 are actions that TCU STRONGLY ENCOURAGES ALL MEMBERS TO COMPLETE. They represent a minimum amount of effort, and fulfill the responsibilities we all share in being Members of TCU and in being active in promoting conservatism throught the entire country.
1. Help promote TCU. There is Strength in Numbers! Remember that TCU isn't just "a site" or "a purpose." It is an EXCELLENT tool to promote conservative values and conservatism to everyone. When people visit TCU, they read YOUR words, YOUR opinions, YOUR beliefs, and not the homogenized representation of a Party or movement. Encourage your friends to join by sending them personal emails about the TCU. Use other social networks like facebook and MySpace to promote TCU.
2. Become part of the TCU team
. We encourage as much participation as you want to offer on TCU. Each of us have different talents that can be a great resource. Volunteer to be a moderator for a group, the forums, or the site at large. TCU also has several committees which need your input, direction, and expertise
. TCU can only continue to grow through the collective efforts of all of our members. A single person can only do so much, so new volunteers are ALWAYS needed!
3. Write your representatives. We are compiling mailing addresses for all Senators and House members, which you will find in the individual State Groups. Write them often, so they know where we stand and that we are active and will not rest until our voices are heard. And don't ignore the opportunity to write Representatives from other Districts or States. While they may not represent you specifically, they all serve in some capacity which affects you directly.
4. Join your local and national parties. Whether you're a Republican, Libertarian, or other conservative party follower, join the national and local chapters of that organization. Not only will they keep you informed of important issues and policy, you will be presented with another spectrum of possibilites for involvement from a national level to your local area.
5. Attend "Tea Parties" rallies and protests. By attending these events, you accomplish several objectives. You show support for conservative principals. You demonstrate strength of conservative parties and principles. You show support for other conservatives and other conservative groups. And you can show support for TCUnation, in using the opportunity to promote TCU by handing out business cards, flyers, or simply through discussion with other attendees. Remember, promoting TCU brings them to YOUR words, and a true conservative voice on almost every issue.
6. Contact the media. Call in to radio shows. Write letters to the editors of local, regional, and national newspapers. Remember that in doing so, each time you are being "heard" by literally thousnds, even millions of people. Call in or write, and tell them why conservatism is the true answer to our political, social and economic struggles.
7. Carry and use TCUnation.com business cards, flyers, and stationary. Remember, when you bring a person to TCU, they are exposed to conservatism, and the grassroots movement of real people. Leave business cards with your tip. Leave them in a bookstore, on bulletin boards, in church pews. Hand them out wherever you interact with people, and where people gather. Include one in all your bill payments. Use TCU stationary in your correspondence, where appropriate. Spreading the word of TCU is spreading the word of conservatism.
8. Create groups on facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, and other social networks. Over 10,000 members signed up for The Conservative Underground on facebook....in only 2 months. Social networks hold tremendous power to reach literally millions of like-minded individuals and bring them together for exchange and action.
9. twitter is incredible. Follow the feeds for hashtags #tcot (Top Conservatives on Twitter) and #tcut The Conservative Underground on Twitter, which we need to make more active, and can do so by all committing to using it when logged on to twitter). Not only will you find new information and opinion, but you'll truly be interacting with some of the most influential conservatives on the Internet, including Senators, Congressmen, Judges, News Media, and many others you will recognize. ReTweet TCU content linking back to TCUnation.com, and post the url to TCUnation.com occasionally with a recommendation to those who want to join our grassroots movement.
10. Bookmark TCU and TCU content on delicious, google, Furl, Digg, and other social bookmarking sites. The more times sites and pages are bookmarked, the higher their "relevance" and popularity. Linking to an article posted at TCU brings potential new members to read YOUR words and hear the voice of conservatism.
11. Get a TCUnation.com tattoo. Ok, I just wanted to see if anyone actually reads this stuff ;)
12. Blog. There are several free blogging services out there. Create accounts, then cross-post your articles from your personal blog here at TCU, and at the other services as well. Not only will it get your work exposed to a MUCH larger audience, it will bring traffic to TCU and back to your site as well. Check into Posterous.com, which will automatically post to several services with a single email to your posterous account.
13. Volunteer for local campaigns. Not only will you be directly invoved, you'll be kept keenly aware of issues and the political climate. Take the opportunity to promote conservatism and TCU.